Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ten Things Someone Needs to Hear

I've been so busy with all the projects I have going, that I have been neglecting my outlet, writing. I have a book, that when I find a quote, or someone says something that makes me think, I jot it down. It's kind of like my little secret book of inspirations. So, when I am having a bad day, or need a little pick me up, I let my eyes stroll though my book to put my heart back where it belongs. I decided to share them, because let's face it, I share everything right? ;) 

1. Small accurate steps are better than big sloppy ones. 
    In the book The Tortoise and the Hare, "slow and steady wins the race". That quote has held true for me.
2. Be the Buffalo
     In a storm, a pasture of cows will run away from the storm, while a buffalo will run through it. 
3. Take CARE of your body
  You can only go as far as your body can take you. 
4. SUCK. IT. UP. 
  Not everyone is going to support you in life, those who don't, don't matter. 
5. Don't be so critical of yourself. 
    There are plenty of people in this world to do that for you. 
6. It could ALWAYS be worse. 
   It's so easy to get caught up in our day to day complaints. 
  "The weather is too hot." Most of us have access to air conditioning, what about the homeless.
   "My steak is over cooked." There are starving children in our own towns
   "I have to go to work."  Unemployment is at an all time high and the homeless population continues to rise. 
    "I wake up every day with aches and pains." There is a man or a women in a wheel chair somewhere that   would love to feel anything.  
When I have a case of the "poor me's" I remember, it can always be worse.
7. Feeling means your dealing, and healing. 
  I can't remember where I heard that saying, but it rattled my core. If you feel it, it means it meant something to you. It doesn't always feel good, but it means you're alive.
8.Look at your scars as a healing, not a wound. 
 A scar means the wound is no more, the skin is tougher because of the injury that was done to it. Just like our hearts, when they have been hurt, a scar grows thick over the wound to protect it. Let it be a reminder of a great healing, not an injury.
9. "If you aren't part of the problem, or the solution and you are discussing it, it's gossip."
That cleared up a lot for me. This statement makes it easy to decide if we are gossiping. Unfortunately, it also stops a lot of my conversations before they start.
10. We are bigger than we let ourselves be.
You were specifically designed to be a part of this universe. There is NO one that is better at being you, than YOU. Don't dream in the city limits. The world is a big place, and it has plenty of room for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie every one of these is so true!! Number 8 is my favorite!!Thank you for helping me to move on!!